WideNoise has a long history, from being a pioneering iPhone "spime" to being the showcase product of WideTag's OpenSpime protocol and WideSpime infrastructure. After being awarded the inclusion in the ADI Design Index 2011 and being cited as the Top 10 Internet of Things object of 2009 by the New York Times and Read Write Web, now version 3.0 has been updated as a social research tool within the EveryAware project.
- ISI Foundation, Institute for Scientific Interchange, Turin, Italy.
- Sapienza University, Rome, Italy.
- CSP, Innovazione nelle ICT, Turin, Italy.
- Research Center L3S, Leibniz Universität, Hannover, Germany.
- Trinity Dunnit, for her amazing visual support on WideNoise 2.0
- Roberto Ostinelli, for his care on the OpenSpime backend, and having built the WideNoise 2.0 server over it.